Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the registration deadline for BBC 2015?
Register as soon as possible to be able to join interesting discussions with a global network of craft brewers. However, registration is possible up to the day before the first challenge (22 April 2015).
- Can I only participate in the world record challenge without entering the Best Beer / Taste Challenge?
You can, but you might miss the chance to win a trip to our award winners’ party held around the historic Heidelberg Castle.
- I don’t have enough BEST RED X®, can I use less than 25 % in the grain bill?
No, we want to ensure similar starting conditions for all participants for the World Record and Best Brew Challenge. Contact us and we’ll find the nearest distributor of BEST RED X® in your area.
- What is the German beer purity law? Are other ingredients allowed?
We want to celebrate the countdown to the 500th anniversary of the oldest consumer protection law in the world, which was not only designed to protect beer drinkers but also to ensure delicious beer was brewed only with water, malt, hops and yeast. No other ingredients are allowed and are not necessary. The creativity of a good brewer can get the best out of these four ingredients.
- What kind of container do I have to send in for the Best Beer Challenge and when is the deadline?
A one liter bottle of beer is sufficient, but we are happy to receive more Entries can be sent in until 30 June 2014 to BESTMALZ AG, Luisenstraße 14, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany.
- Once the record is set, will I appear in the Guinness Book of World Records™?
This is beyond our control. GWR decides who has set a record and who appears in their annual book. However, it is very likely that we will appear on their website. It is generally the case that only the record title and a description are listed.
- Do I receive a certificate or medal for the record?
Once the record is confirmed, every participant will receive an ID, which you can use to log on to the GWR website where certificates and medals can be ordered.
- The winner of the second challenge can attend the award winners’ party around the Heidelberg Castle. Does this cover only the entry ticket or also the cost of flight and hotel?
Admission to the party is free for participants which have received invitations from BESTMALZ®. More information regarding the prize for the winner can be found in our blog.